Skip to main content
Composer in Drupal 8.8.0 - First impressions
- drupal/core-composer-scaffold: This plugin is mainly the core replacement of the drupal-composer/drupal-scaffold plugin and it is in charge of the automation of the scaffolding of the Drupal core Composer package to the right place. This plugin provides several options to allow different setup approaches and the override of the default scaffolded files out of the box. Here is the reference: Using Drupal's Composer Scaffold.
- drupal/core-vendor-hardening: This plugin removes some unnecessary folders from vendor directories like tests or documentation. This process is necessary when the vendor folder is included in the docroot.
- drupal/recommended-project: This composer template generates a Drupal project structure as recommended in Drupal 8.8+, having the vendor folder outside of the docroot. This is mostly the core replacement of drupal-composer/drupal-project.
- drupal/legacy-project: This Composer template generates a Drupal project following the traditional structure, where the whole project is in a single folder, like downloading the Drupal.org tarball. This is discouraged for 8.8+ projects.
- drupal/core-recommended: This is a metapackage that includes the specific versions of Drupal core dependencies for each Drupal version, in order to avoid conflicts and unexpected behaviors due to wrong dependency versions. This package is an official replacement for webflo/drupal-core-strict.
- drupal/dev-dependencies: This metapackage bundles all the necessary Drupal dependencies to run Drupal tests, so it is only necessary in case of running the Drupal test suite. This package is an official replacement for webflo/drupal-core-require-dev.
- drupal/core-recommend metapackage to include the right Drupal core version and all its dependencies
- drupal/dev-dependencies metapackage in case of Drupal tests will need to be run including all the necessary dependencies
- drupal/core-composer-scaffold plugin to place all the Drupal specific files like index.php in the right place, having vendor outside of the docroot