Clicked: What email marketing is all about
Do companies still need newsletters at all?
What makes a successful newsletter?
- Personalization: a direct address is important. The reader’s name should already be mentioned in the greeting.
- Emotions: by personally addressing the reader, emotions can be conveyed more easily. If the newsletter is wrapped in a story that seems to be taken from everyday life, the reader can quickly identify with the topic. Pictures are equally important and especially natural-looking photos of people create reference points. Important: pictures are preferred for clicks in the newsletter, so link them in any case!
- Added value: the story told by a newsletter should provide the reader with added value. Why should he want to continue reading? From the beginning, it should be clear what to expect and what he would miss out on otherwise.
This is how the reader opens and clicks the newsletter
- "Celebrate our 25th anniversary with a 25% discount"
- "Save 25% on our 25th anniversary"
- "5 clever tricks for the household"
- "Do you know these 5 household tricks?"
How often should a newsletter be sent?
Email marketing: putting theory into practice